It has been a while. Far too long, really. But we're back online, in our own (new to us) house, and getting settled. The kids are in school, Darin is at work, and I am figuring out life in our new location. There has been some, ahem, anxiety on my part throughout this whole process, and unfortunately, it continues. During a (very helpful) conversation with my sister-in-law, Jill, yesterday, I was reminded that places hold a very dear place in my heart just as people do. As much as I miss my friends, I can still thankfully call, email, or text them. However, I am not able to visit the places I miss - and I do miss so many. So I will be holding their memories close as I look for new places to love.
So, in honor of that conversation, I took a quick trip today to a new place. A place that I'm sure will bring me a lot of peace and satisfaction here, just as it did in PA. Drum roll . . . I went to our new library! Hee, hee. I know, I am a total nerd. I've mentioned it before, but I love libraries. I don't know what it is, but there is something very soothing about the quiet, and the books, and the people. Jacob and I arrived just in time (previously unbeknownst to us) for a puppet show, which he thoroughly enjoyed. We even ran into another mom and her kids from our ward there, and then spent another half an hour browsing books. What a serendipitous (I had to use that word just to completely seal the deal on my nerdiness) occasion! A new place to love, new friends, a puppet show, and a bag full of books checked out. All in all, a wonderfully soothing morning for my anxious spirit.
More interesting tales and pictures to come as we find new people and places to love.
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Kim...way to go girl!!! This is great. I'm confident that you will find many places to love here in Utah and they will find their way right into your heart and stay there for good.
In fact, you should take a trip to Gardener Village, feed the ducks, browse the quilt shop and eat lunch at Archibald's. I also think that I should come with you and keep you company during this outing. October is particularly fun there because they have the famous witches out. Let's go!
Whenever I think of good places you should try out I will tell you. You would really love Thanksgiving Point too, as would your kids. They have best petting zoo and the most beautiful garden to meander through. Great places to eat there too.
p.s. You are not a nerd! Libraries are for cool people only.
Welcome back to the grid! I've been missing you. I was thinking about the places I love, and a lot of them are there in Utah- it's a special place for a lot of reasons. And you can always come back to the visit!
Enjoy the library. As a fellow bibliophile, I can appreciate how much that trip meant. Here's to many more special places to come in your new home!
I still dream about my old house and I just moved across town, not across the country. It's a pretty big change you made and you should allow yourself time to adjust to it.
Still, I would take Jill up on her offer to hang out and explore your new place. I'm pretty sure she could make even the dullest things fun.
Glad you found your library. When my friends moved here from California, the first thing I thought they would want to know about was library hours. Maybe we are all nerds. :)
I MISSED YOU!!!!!!
So happy you're back. I'll be thinking of the most awesome places around...
Wonderful post! I am starting to feel that anxiety myself, so I will be calling for you to help talk me off the cliff! Love you!
I'm so delighted about the impromtu (it keeps telling me I spelled that wrong, but whatever, I'm not changing it) puppet show. I love libraries, too.
Now you have a brand new home now to make your own. Create!
So glad you are finding new places to love! I was FINALLY able to make it to Longwood Gardens and loved it! Missing you lots!
Post a Comment