Do you know what that is? That unassuming piece of paper in Sarah's hand? It is a driver's permit!!! I can't believe we are at this stage already, but the calendar doesn't lie, and after some, ahem, prodding and pleading, Darin took Sarah to the DMV to take her test. She passed. And now that piece of paper says she can drive. With a parent. And which parent would that be? (Well, legally, either one, but . . .) I have been the happy driving companion with Sarah. No, really. It has been fun. We have had several scenic drives in our church parking lot and have even ventured onto some quiet residential streets. She has been very cautious, and is improving. I'm proud of her for wanting to learn how to drive. Yes, I actually said that. There seems to be some odd trend among teens right now. That is, the don't want to get their driver's licenses. What? I know, I'm confused, too, but thankfully, Sarah is not following that trend. I will report on her progress periodically.
Next up, we need to get the gender on the permit corrected - she was marked as a male and didn't notice it until she was almost home. You can see she was really happy about that. Oh, well, she's learning to drive either way! Way to go, Sarah! Love you!
Thursday, November 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Some people think that only males are good drivers, so maybe Sarah did so well on her test, that they just figured...?
Nice job Sarah!
Oh boy, Sarah's behind the wheel at last. Way to be persistent Sarah. You have real drive (pun intended).
I was a freshman in college when Sarah was born.
That's all I have to say.
I need a written accurate schedule of when she will be on the road. I don't want to be within 150 miles. Which means I will still have to head North even when she is just driving around her house. Laura, you were almost a freshman in college before you passed your driving test if I remember correctly. Good luck, Sarah. Good luck world.
Ha ha Laura- burn by Dad. That's awesome.
Sarah, congratulations on learning to drive. It's great fun and I still love going for a drive in the country. And I never knew I had a nephew named Sarah.
Kim, you're brave.
Way to go Sarah! We will have to go on a drive to the Beauty Supply ;)
Post a Comment