Friday, April 23, 2010

Spring Break - Chocolate

Just around the block from the pretzel bakery was the chocolate factory . . . so of course we were up for the walk. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but let me tell you, once you stepped inside those doors, the smell was a.maz.ing.
There were awesome displays of all kinds of antique containers. This was Sarah's favorite:
A "riveting" movie about the growth, production, and harvesting of cacao beans and the history of chocolate. You can see who is riveted by the documentary . . . I think Matthew was watching because of some kind of violence between indigenous peoples and European explorers displayed on the screen at this given moment. I really did find it interesting. . . maybe that means I'm boring? Oh, well.
And then time for a little browsing in the museum, and in the candy shop - hands down everyone's favorite part. We all snapped up some delicious - if rather pricey - chocolate and headed back out. Uh, yeah, no pictures of that either . . . too busy unwrapping, eating, and licking off fingers. My own.

6 comments:

Jill said...

Anything that has to do with chocolate I like! I would have enjoyed that outing very much. Especially the eating and licking fingers part. YUM!

Jan said...

What a fun spring break for everyone!!

Karen said...

I am all about these family field trips centered around food. Can I please come next time?!

Brenda said...

Kim you make me laugh. I think I probably would have been the only one watching the film too. I love family outings you are always doing such fun stuff with your kids. Although I did talk my family into the Clark Planetarium over spring break! You look like you have been having lots of fun with family visiting and pretzels and chocolate how could you go wrong?

Laura said...

Yum! I might have to visit these places next time I'm in town...

Cami said...

We're all about the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory books right now, and Bryn and Calvin are going to flip out if they find out about this factory near your house. I'm still debating whether or not to tell them. :)