
Look what showed up at our house today . . .


Yup. Diggers, and dumptrucks, and workers. Oh my!

We've been watching them cut the asphalt and dig it up to lay new pipes all week - working their way down the street. Today they were right outside our door. The boys couldn't have been happier. Mesmerized, I tell you. After the pipe had been laid and the hole was ready to be filled, the dump truck did this . . .

And Matthew yelled . . .
"AWESOME!!!"
Ahh, the simple pleasures.
4 comments:
Tell them to come dig in front of my house next. I need something to entertain my boys for a few hours!
Calvin is absolutely obsessed with the pipes that run under the city. He asks us daily to recount the inner workings of the sewer system to him. That, coupled with his love of construction machines, and needless to say, he would have been in heaven watching your scene. You guys scored big!
I too wish my boys could have been there to participate. Alas, we have to make do with the garbage truck stopping by once a week.
Ha ha ha. I have known many little and not-so-little boys (ahem... my husband) who would have thought they had died and gone to heaven to watch that process. I'm so happy for you and yours...
Post a Comment